I am thankful, for South Florida at least, Irma did what hurricanes often do – It wobbled and leaned away at the last minute sparing us. Irma was too big for me to consider staying at home. Continue reading “Hurricane Irma and Chocolate Cake”
Do you always find yourself in a panic looking for a recipe to take to your holiday gathering? This recipe will take away all that stress and ensure you’ll be bringing home an empty platter. Continue reading “Festive Shortcake Roll”
I hope everyone has a Happy Halloween! Here’s a recipe for your party sure to please your guests with gluten, vegan and paleo restrictions.
I discovered this recipe on My Whole Food Life. Melissa and Marcus have some interesting things there so you should check it out.
Pumpkin Chocolate Bars
2 1/2 cups raw pecans
10 Medjool dates
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
pinch sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil , melted
1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
2-3 T maple syrup
- In a food processor , combine the pecans, pumpkin and spices until you get a coarse ground consistency. Then add in the dates and blend a little more. You may need to add a tiny bit of water for the mixture to come together.
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press 1/2 the pumpkin/pecan mixture into the pan and place it in the freezer.
- In a large bowl , mix all the ingredients for the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the first pumpkin layer.
- Then press the remaining pumpkin mixture on top and place the whole thing back in the freezer for 30-35 minutes.
- Once chilled, cut into bars and serve.
Wishing You a Wonderful Holiday Weekend!
Who says everything for a 4th of July party needs to be Red White and Blue? Sparkler candles make this cake super festive.