I discovered this recipe on My Whole Food Life. Melissa and Marcus have some interesting things there so you should check it out.
Pumpkin Chocolate Bars
2 1/2 cups raw pecans
10 Medjool dates
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
pinch sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil , melted
1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
2-3 T maple syrup
- In a food processor , combine the pecans, pumpkin and spices until you get a coarse ground consistency. Then add in the dates and blend a little more. You may need to add a tiny bit of water for the mixture to come together.
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press 1/2 the pumpkin/pecan mixture into the pan and place it in the freezer.
- In a large bowl , mix all the ingredients for the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the first pumpkin layer.
- Then press the remaining pumpkin mixture on top and place the whole thing back in the freezer for 30-35 minutes.
- Once chilled, cut into bars and serve.
Wishing You a Wonderful Holiday Weekend!
Who says everything for a 4th of July party needs to be Red White and Blue? Sparkler candles make this cake super festive.