- 1 cup Guinness
- 1 stick unsalted butter + 1 TBS
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
Baily's Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cooking: 25 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tray.
- Combine the Guinness and the butter (chopped into 1 inch chunks) in a double boiler and heat to melt the butter. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa and sugar.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla, then add to stout mixture.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and fold into batter.
- Pour into cupcake cases and bake for 25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Let stand 10 mins and then remove from tray and cool on a wire rac
- In a mixer, whisk together ingredients for icing and spread over cooled cupcakes.